With Sally Carter.
• What notes are in commonly used chords.
Sally Carter will show you how to pluck out a melody
whilst playing chords. How to create a full ensemble
sound playing as a solo performer. Specifically for
tenor/concert/soprano ukuleles.• How to identify melody notes in chords.
• Playing the most effective chord shape to suit the melody.
• Gaining some familiarity with where notes are located on
the ukulele fretboard so you can find chords to suit your
Benefits of This Workshop:
• Do you want to increase your understanding of how music is
• Would you like to develop your ability to play chords on
different parts of the fretboard?
• Have you ever wanted to play your ukulele as a melody
• Do you want to understand how chords, melody and
harmony are related?
If you are keen to take your solo ukulele playing to the next
level, then this workshop is for you!
Sally Carter performs solo as Sally’s Ukulele and as a duo with
Keith Rea as Green Fieldz. Sally performs many genres on
ukulele including classical, jazz, ragtime, Celtic, bluegrass, pop
and old favourites.
Performing at many festivals in Australia and NZ, Sally has also
run workshops and master classes on different aspects of ukulele
Sally has written two Ukulele Ensemble books (50 original tunes
arranged in 2-4 parts, including chords, in each) and one Ukulele
Solo and Duo book (72 tunes written and arranged for solo or
duo playing)- suitable for beginners through to more experienced
players of tenor, concert and soprano ukulele. The tunes cater for
high and low G ukuleles.
A basic understanding of tab reading and timing in music is
Date and Time: 11:30 a.m., Sunday February 20, Melbourne time. (For those in the US, this will be Friday evening the day before. Please see the time zone converter on the home page.)
Cost: Aus $16. This is about US $12.
With Sally Carter.